Friday, March 14, 2008

gund teddy bear

Gund Teddy Bears

it is the leading soft toy manufacturer in America, is also the oldest. GUND was incepted in 1898, in Norwalk, Connecticut by Adolph Gund. GUND was one of the first companies to design and produce teddy bears in the early 1900's. A young Russian immigrant, Jacob Swedlin, took a nice job at GUND in 1907. Swedlin bought the company in 1925 when Adolph Gund retired.

GUND has been responsible for many innovations, safety standards in the toy industry. Swedlin taken the concept of industry licensing with cartoon characters like Felix the Cat, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Popeye, among others. Gund was also very first to manufacture a musical toy .

In 2006 Gund created the 25th Anniversary snuffles.
You may see the name of GUND on teddy bears everywhere. They have very unique and interesting teddy bears .

1 comment:

Anna said...

Every child loves soft toys, especially the teddy bears. My mom says that when I was a kid I used to buy one, everytime I used to go out. Now I have a 2 year old daughter and she is equally crazy about them. But I don't have to go to the store everytime. I simply go to http://www.stuffedanimalbox.com , and buy for her. Please check out this site.